Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Photos of Completed Quilt.

I can hardly contain my excitement! It's finished, it's finished ! Started in August last year my Boys' I Spy Quilt made of 284 individually pieced and bound hexagons is completed today after hundreds of hours work over the last 6 months. It is single bed size. As always I can't get the photos just as I want so I have shown you the quilt in several different poses. ( I must study how Gwen Marston had her quilts displayed in her Collaborative Quilting book ...they looked fabulous.) I now have to complete a little hex shaped label I am hand stitching, ( solid black) so it won't distract. In my next post I will tell the quilt's story.


13 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. It turned out beautiful! You made a real treasure for your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an accomplishment. Look forward to the story and detail shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the hexagon quilt finished - looks very jewel like from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a lot of work and what an amazing quilt. It will be a family heirloom for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... whow ... so amazing!!! I have no words for it ... stunning!
    A real awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done Ali, it is beautiful - you should be extremely proud of your wonderful accomplishment.

    BYW - I tried posting on the site and it worked OK so maybe there was a tech glitch when you were trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison, well done! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison, well done! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your I Spy quilt is amazing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, lovely....more pics of you hexagon quilt. I'm working my way backwards through your recent posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's fantastic! I am doing 'normal' hexagons at the moment, but your idea is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:37 PM

    It is lovely to see an interesting New Zealand quilting blog (and written by someone who also grow up in Marton!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:38 PM

    It is great to have an interesting New Zealand Blog to read about quilting. Congratulations! ( and one written by someone else who grow up in Marton!)

    ReplyDelete