Thursday, April 10, 2008

Next Step.







Paula asked what I was going to do with the ric rac ( rick rack ).I have added it to the outside borders and will try out some leaves and even maybe some small flowers on it.The border and the sashing is navy blue -very dark and I felt it needed some softening; that's why leaves are going to overlap it in places. I always like parts of the quilt creeping into the borders.( still not sure about the leaves I have made. I will play some more )
DH has been busy putting a wooden edge along one side of the vegetable garden and levelling out a dip that always annoyed. He had sprayed out some pest grass in this area about 2 months ago.He then sowed new grass,rolled it and watered it.( sorry about the clothes line shadow in the shot - but can you spy the capsicums ripening ?)
The other photo shows a surprise gift I got in today's mail. I sent a friend in Oz some fabric she needed for a jar quilt and she sent me this ( mochins ? ) scarf as a thank you.I hadn't seen one like this before.The card has a lovely Waratah flower.
Tomorrow I am off to a weekend retreat with some of the ladies from my P and Q group.I will report on that early next week. I have 3 projects that need some finishing to take with me. Thanks for your comments everyone.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend.

julieQ said...

Love your quilt! Especially those leaves in the corners...

meggie said...

I love things that 'spill' into sashings & borders too! Ric rac works very well!
I rather thought the clothesline shadow ehnanced the pic. Mmm capsicums!
Enjoy your break & I am sure you will have fun!.

Andrea said...

Your flower quilt is looking so nice. Love the ric-rac - adds a great touch.

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful flower quilt!
Kind regards

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

Rose Marie said...

How clever to use the ric rac for the vine and it really gives the border pizzazz.

molly said...

I like the idea of softening the harshness/darkness of the border with some leaves, but you'd have to figure out how to tuck the stems under the flowers. What would happen if you were to applique a few random flowers here and there, half on, half not, on some of the outside blocks---not trying to be nosy or bossy---it's just fun to speculate!
Sorry to say I don't like the ric-rac--too cutsey---couldn't you do an appliqued vine? Now you're really going to ban me from your blog.....