Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quilt Blocks Progress.

On Friday at P and Q about 6 ladies all helped me play around with the Bento Box Blocks. We all agreed it  gave it a bit more structure by matching blocks to half their partners diagonally. The black on black blocks are the glue. So we tried them in a line diagonally across the layout and this ( above )  is the best lay out.
 I have made 2 more blocks since then and have them on the floor again today to make sure I have a good mix of coloured centres. It is going to be 4 rows across by 5 down. The gaps to fill are obvious. I then will need to make really sure I like the sets of 2 matching pairs before I sew the 4 parts together. In this photo I have the diagonal darker line running the other way. SO still lots of playing around with it to decide.
 I know there is more than 1 layout solution so hope to try them all!

I have also been gardening - weeding and planting. R has planted peas  and tomatoes today. The potatoes aren't up yet - soon. The vege garden always looks much more appealing when freshly worked with little plants coming up.
I stayed up and slept on the couch as I was watching Commonwealth Games on TV. (it's a shame most of the coverage for us happens at night ) NZ women are leading the way for our team.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your quilt will be fabulous - I love black and white!

Deb said...

I have reading your blog for a while now and have now come out of the closet lol. I LOVE that quilt! Waiting with anticipation to see it finished!

julieQ said...

I really love that quilt! I think the organized way you have the blocks laid out is wonderful. Enjoy your springtime planting...fall time here for us!

Diana said...

I love the mixing of black and the other colors. It's going to be a wonderful quilt.

Andrea said...

These are lovely and isn't it fun playing about til you get it just right ? xx

Unknown said...

I love the way you positioned the blocks...it's the best way for the quilt...you could go blind changing and changing!