Yesterday I sat and completed my hand sewing project. ( I copied a necklace I have with a dragonfly on it ) It is made of felt and hand stitched with my knotted blanket stitch around the edges. The cotton lining I sewed under, on the machine then handstitched in once the hand stitching on the other side was finished. It covers up the starting and stopping nicely. The wings are made using Angelina Fibres which I have had in my cupboard for a long while.( teased out and heat set ) . The veins in the wings I did using sewing machine cotton ( Gutermann ) as it needed to be fine. I used backstitch.
Here as a work in progress.