Sunday, August 23, 2026

A Finish and some follow ups.

 

 The sleeveless cricket jersey for elder Grandson is finished. Hurrah. Hurrah!
 Not my finest work but I hated the pattern instructions.....it was a very old Sirdar Pattern.
 The reason I was able to finish it up reasonably quickly was my thumb that aches when I knit was quieted because I was taking Pain killers for my back ( which is 98% fixed now ) I had never done a "V" inset before. The price of good knitting wool is eye watering considering we have lots of sheep in NZ. ( it was Australian merino! )

 Some of the frost damage ( we had another one ) has been rectified...we picked the usable tamarillos and pruned the tree right down. The vireya tips I cut off ...the yuccas appear to be dying back -good!
 The lilies will survive and the alstroemeria I hope. Later will will give the renga renga lilies a hair cut with the battery powered hedge pruner as there are so many.

 In 2017 ( I looked at the label ) I finished making a large quilt of floral hexagons. We are currently using it on our bed. It is wide enough but not long enough so I am making a further row  to hand stitch on....not many quilts you can enlarge by that method! I am thoroughly enjoying making them...so easy so portable.

               





No comments: