Thursday, June 29, 2006

2nd Tiny One.


I have just finished hand sewing down the binding on my second tiny baby quilt. Although it looks a little grey here it is actually purest white and very soft. Now I will return to my other works in progress. If they need more tiny ones at a later date I will make some more.
I never sewed a stitch yesterday as we had visitors from Palmerston North all day till 10 pm so I was busy in the kitchen and talking . We all went for a walk ( right around our property and through our bit of bush ) mid afternoon in the sun and I was able to send them home with Avocados, Kiwifruit, shelled Walnuts and Quince paste. We love to give away things we grow on our orchard. Mostly our friends and rellies love to eat them too so that's good.......fruits of the Bay of Plenty!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ali - your second tiny quilt is so beautiful - a simple pattern but probably not so on such a small scale - I must check out if something similar is needed over here - the fruits of your orchard sound wonderful - whatever does quince paste taste like is it sweet? all I can think of is The Owl and The Pussy Cat and their slices of quince :o) Having visitors is lovely but they do have an annoying habit of getting in the way of valuable stitching time :o)

Ali Honey said...

Yes Anne, quince paste is sweet.Have you ever tasted quince jelly (or quince anything?) It is similar to quince jelly in taste but less refined- has more texture and is dried out till it resembles a fruit leather. You can cut it with a knife.It will keep for a couple of years. I like to eat it with cheese or walnuts. It is what the owl and pussycat probably had as it says slices of quince - uncooked is not nice.
Cheers Alison.

KC Quilter said...

Oooh, love that baby quilt. So delicate and sweet!