Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Something Different.







The rain has gone....good....but there now seems to be so much to do. Variety is the spice of life...even in work I guess. I can't work on the kiwifruitvines too many hours in the day or I will suffer ( sore neck and aching arms ) so I do it for 2 or 3 hours then change, to gardening or housework or even sometimes take a break like now; coffee beside me at the computer. DH is cutting firewood trees for next year. Even If we worked all 24 hours in the day there would still be things to get done around here so I pace myself( turn a blind eye to some jobs ) to what I can manage and stay fit and well at the same time. ( Surely we can't be getting slower as we age ???)
Todays' photos show more Spring pretties from the garden and also a Cherimoya from our new tree. We had a tree before but it had to be cut out, so we purchased a new one and this is one of it's first fruit. The previous tree had much smoother skinned fruit ( like an armadillo skin )...so we are intrigued by this ones very pointy spikes. It got knocked off by the mower so is ripening on the fruit bowl so I will show you a pic of it when we cut it. The previous one was very tasty vanilla custard flavour - it is sometimes known as a custard apple. Want to know more go here.
I'm on the last long seam...32 zigzags....as I sew the final strip to THE QUILT!



6 comments:

meggie said...

A lovely post Ali. Your photos are always so nice. Custard apples are very tasty, but very strange looking arent they?
Is that a magnolia, the lone pink flower?

Harmany Quilting said...

Looking froward to seeing your quilt. Keep on sewing girl.

The flowers look divine - it is a wonderful time of year.

molly said...

What beautiful colours! Inspiration for a quilter.

Ali Honey said...

Yes Meggie, it is a magnolia. The tree is so tall now I can't really get close to or above the flowers.

Tracey Petersen said...

I thought it looked like a custard apple. They are an enigma in the fruit world, aren't they!

Unknown said...

The flowers are lovely, so it is spring now? The fruit looks very strange to me.