It's 24 th December.
That means yesterday was our 41st Wedding Anniversary.....and we were so busy it was 10.30 am even before I remembered. I don't know if the other half would have remembered it all if I hadn't mentioned it. ( it often happens because of the busy time of year ) We got 35 mls of rain overnight , so gratefully received here....... also means I got the day inside! Of course I've been cleaning..... But this afternoon I sat and sewed bindings on the last 4 letters of my Happy Christmas banner. I hope to do the hand sewing on them tonight. I strung the finished ones up already to see how they look.The tree got decorated and we have had the lights on a couple of evenings.
* my friend Sheila found me some tiny craft pegs I had been looking for and came around really early today so I could use them to hang my letters.
*Younger Son ( in UK ) remembered us and sent me a lovely voucher for patchwork goodies and DH a voucher for a meal at his favourite restaurant ( that means I get to go too! )
* Lovely letters and cards from friends and family.
* I have been enjoying your beautiful Christmas blogs.
* the 1st Pohutkawa tree has faded with the rain BUT the second big one is now out!
*Altho friends asked us out tonight we are staying in cause the roads are just too silly and I can't have anything to drink if I'm the driver. ( we have plenty to do here anyway )
* Thanks to all you dear people who reply personally to comments I leave - I really don't expect you to do that.
FINALLY I do hope you are all enjoying the Festive Season.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!