Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Projects I am Working On.

Thank you all for the Greetings on my last post.

I am currently working on a baby quilt using a lovely, very easy to follow pattern I found on project12quilts.com     It is on the list of free patterns.( on the right )  Little Leapfrog. The pattern was designed by Janeen Getz. Thank you Janeen.
 This little owl fabric is the only pictorial fabric I am using. It has the colour palette I am using.
 These fabrics I am very happy with.
 The other 3 I need might come from this group  below, but I am not sure about them
 I might go back to the cupboard and pull out some more.
 I have made the pieced blocks in the owl fabric and the beautiful turquoise blue and am doing the green spot now.
 The binding will be the blue, I have lots of it. I think the white background fabric will make it look light and bright.
*****
 I am also knitting a blanket . The pattern is in a Debbie Bliss book Eco baby. Hers done in cotton, mine in wool . Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, which is soft and snugly.
 It is a simple block pattern with a twisted 2 stitches between the change. The colour is a bit more green than it shows here. I am 3/4 finished as it is easy knitting with rows of 166 stitches - they only just fit on the needles.

 Every day we have families of quail walk across the garden. Yesterday we counted 89. ( some of that number here ) It's not easy to get a photo without disturbing them.
 We had our first light frost this morning but it is now a clear although crisp sunny morning.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Nice easy pattern......I like your fabric choices! Love the baby blanket too, it looks very cosy.

Raewyn said...

Belated Birthday wishes! Sounds like you had a great weekend in Wellington (last post!) - we must have been there the same weekend but only had a limited time to spend in the actual city... another time maybe we'll have time to explore more! Love what you're up to in this post - especially like the clever few stitches between change of stitches in the blanket and the quilt looks like it will be lovely too! Amazing to see so many quails on your lawn - what a sight!

Pine Valley Quilts said...

What a treat having all those lovely Quails visiting. Love the fabrics for your baby quilt look forward to seeing more but the knitted blanket has my eye, it fabulous.