The Little striped jersey from Debbie Bliss's book Ecobaby turned out really well. The pattern was for cotton but I used NZ merino wool for the darker stripe and Merino/ Alpaca/ Possum for the other.
The back. It is in the 9 - 12 month size. At the bottom it is a garter stitch band with splits at the side rather than ribbing.
Last Thursday I got my quilt back from being custom quilted by Sandra at Wise Owl Quilting.
I am now sewing down the binding. I have got it attached almost all the way round and have passed half way with the hand stitching. You will see I decided to use multi fabric strips of several of the fabrics that were used in the flowers and leaves. It looks just right, so good choice. Moving from fabric to fabric makes me think I am making really rapid progress. It also means I am not favouring any one fabric or colour.
The quilting along the borders is a continuous twisting vine which fits with theme of the quilt.
This quilt was started at Symposium in Taupo so it will be good to have it finished. For those of you who have made this pattern you will see I did not do the very busy outside borders but opted for the plain white.
My little lemon tree that grows in the flower border is doing well and has lots of ripe lemons.
This Japonica called Allison given to me many years ago by my late MIL because of it's name is looking bright .
Hellebores ( or Winter roses ) have always been a favourite of mine such pretty faces. Here they are flowering in between Bergenia also with pink flowers.
In the garden I have been pruning roses and hydrangeas.