Tuesday, October 06, 2015

First Grandchild.

Yesterday the 5th of October was an exciting and very special day for me ( us ). Our first Grandson was born.  ( 5/ 10 / 15 )  No name yet. We are so proud of our young ones !
 He was almost exactly the same birth weight as his Daddy, all those years ago. He has lots and lots of dark hair and looks just perfect. ( we have seen 4 photos so far )
 I have just finished a second blanket for his cot, using up all the wool scraps from the other baby knitting I have done.
I am not sure when our first visit will be to meet him in person, as I think the little new family needs some time together and to  rest.
 I must be sure I have no lingering germs from my recent cold and cough. It is about 98% gone.
I still haven't decided what I wish to be called. ( Grandma is already taken, so I am trying out the sound of various other options.)

 A little new person to love and spoil. 

8 comments:

molly said...

So happy for you Ali! Congratulations all around --- and what a lovely baby blanket....

Jane said...

Many congrats. A big welcome to new little fellow.

Joolz said...

Congratulations, Ali - that is very exciting for you all!

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Congratulations to you all. Nana sounds young :)

Relatively Retiring said...

Great news! Congratulations to you all. He will decide on a name for you in due course. I have ended up as Annie because Granddaughter can't say Granny, and I thought I was going to be Grandma anyway!

Diane-crewe said...

what wonderful news xx so glad it all went well x

Thimbleanna said...

How Exciting! Congratulations Ali!!!

Suzy said...

Sending you and R heaps of congratulations - such an exciting time!