Wednesday, July 11, 2018

At Our New Place

Hi,My blogging Friends
 We we have made our move and it was totally exhausting. I had little idea it was going to be so stressful, but after 40 years in one place I guess we had a lot of stuff to go through and probably came here with far too much of it ; we'll see
 The first photo is from the very bottom of our property  I am standing on the little jetty looking North
 The garden is 6152 square metres this is the flat bottom bit .There are 4 terraces one sloping the others more or less flat.

 
The 3rd sloping part is covered with fruit trees which I assure you are standing up I just had my camera upside down. I will go into the range of fruit trees in more detail when I am sure about them but there is plenty of citrus and 4 avocados ( yeah ! ) and a walnut - to make me feel at home here. There are also apples plums etc. 
 Yesterday we went shopping and got some of the things we need , like 4 doormats 2 more heaters as so far we have found it cold. We ordered a couple more pieces of furniture to house my good china and glass and some new dining chairs..
 We are also replacing the dishwasher as it does not dry and has only one option and leaves soap behind - so that has to go. There will be lots of other changes I expect. 
 If I never see another large cardboard carton that has to be emptied I'll be glad. The movers came back for the empty boxes today so that has freed up space .
 Lots more to tell as I explore..

6 comments:

Helen said...

Ohhh congratulations! Is that your own little lake? Hope you have your red garden seat in great new spot.

Diane-crewe said...

moving is such a stressful time x Take your time … and in about 40 years you will have it all sorted out xx GOOD LUCK x

Janice said...

Congratulations on surviving your move. I agree that it is very stressful. Now the fun of making it your own and discovering what is in your garden will start. We have been in our “new” home for just over two years and we now nearly have all the changes made that we want. We do still have some boxes of “stuff” to sort, which I’m dreading. They are the hard ones. Good luck with it all.

loulee said...

I wish you many years of happy life in your new home and it's gardens. xx

Rose Marie said...

It is hard .... especially at our age. But once done, you will be happy are will be able to call your new place 'home'. Just take it easy. Remember, baby steps and things will get done.

molly said...


Aha! You DO have avocados....We landed here 17 years ago (yikes!) and there are still a few brown cardboard boxes lurking in a few corners!