Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bright Quilt.

Yesterday was Patchwork and Quilting day for me with the Tauranga group. In order to get ladies to finish some put aside projects we have a thing we call " Top  5 ". Any one who wants to enters their name in a notebook with a description of the project ( quilt ) they would like to get finished but for whatever reason procrastinate over. We have  a draw of the names every now and then with a small prize. Valerie came with this huge bright quilt which she started over 10 years ago. She had finally finished it. It was magnificent and bigger than King size.  ( the photo shows it lying on a bench but gives an idea of the bright colours.
 On the sunny day during the week I weeded this area around one of the cherry trees. Today I planted some ice land poppies and some snapdragons.. I have covered them with net to try and deter the digging rabbits.
 This morning I added 6 asparagus plants to the little patch here. I also planted an early cucumber and a sweet 100 tomato in the plastic house hoping they will come ready before our main outside plantings.
This lovely cauli I picked and gave to the nice neighbours. There is an even bigger one for us to pick for dinner.
The bees are loving the many lavender bushes.
 Its been a beautiful Spring Day in BOP.

3 comments:

Janice said...

It’s so nice seeing the garden wake up. We will still get frost for some time yet, so only frost hardy plants can go in now. We had a lovely afternoon here too, so annoyed giving the garden a tidy up.

Pam said...

For some reason I haven't been reading many of my favourite blogs for a while, and now I'm all caught up on yours. Such excitement! Your new garden looks so lovely and so does your new grandson! Congratulations on it all.

We also vaguely think about moving, but the idea of sorting out 30 years' worth of stuff isn't appealing. On the other hand, neither is dying and leaving the sorting-out to the offspring....

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm in catch-up mode!! Stunning quilt - and cauliflower!!