Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Hand work Project.

 

 This is my latest project. It is a needle packet roll. My friend Helen had made one with tiny fabric hexagons across the middle. I am over hexagons at the moment and wanted to try one of the current ideas of combining felt with cotton fabric. I have 3 file boxes of felt left from my felt embroidered ball making, so some of that needs using.
 As I love Iceland poppies and have been studying their form closely I am using them as the theme for this work. 
The photo below shows where I am heading to cover the entire width of the pale green fabric.  I need to make lots and lots more stems and buds and maybe some half open flowers.
 I am not following a pattern just making up my own design which is the way I prefer to work.
 The felt forms are being hand sewn onto the cotton which has a layer of batting behind it. ( needs a press as it has been rolled up in my bag after sewing group yesterday.)

       ******
 My little science project started on the kitchen bench when I sliced the end off a kumara that was sprouting/ I sliced a few centimetres off the end  and sat it in a saucer of water. Roots quickly grew. The shoots just took off. Now I have planted it in a bucket of rich soil mix and given it bamboo sticks to start it's climb. I hope eventually to get Kumara under my plant.






2 comments:

molly said...


Looks really pretty. You garden as well with felt and cotton as you do with plants!

Pam said...

Very pretty indeed. I have no idea what a Kumara is. Oh, I've just Googled it. A sweet potato.