Thursday, September 10, 2020

Something New.

 

 For some weeks now our old stove had only the top grill element working. ( it was  in the house when we moved here and it was a crappy stove anyway with it's light near the bottom so one could never see if the top of something was browned without shining a torch in or opening the door )
 Yesterday our now Electrolux oven was delivered and installed. It is self cleaning and has 3 lights. They took all the packaging and the old stove away. We both like cooking  and would have liked a double oven but it wouldn't fit in the space  so this is the one we decided on as we didn't want the bother of altering the bench etc. Once we had  heated it for 20 minutes + with nothing in it and aired the house ( very smelly )  we last night had a lovely roast meal. So far we are really pleased with it.
 Now I can get back to making  foccacia bread, scones, muffins etc.

 I finished making the wee blanket and little grandson now has it for his little bed.

We  have had some relations  from Palmerston North visit which was a good catch up and I have been buying plants and gardening. Some lovely sunny days allowed me time outside to edge and weed and plant.
 This garden called Cherry # 1 is looking bright with white  Iceland poppies and in your face bright cinereias. ( love the deep purple one ) 


 The netting covers are to stop rabbits and birds scratching. The roots of the cherry make some spots unable to be dug. If the roots are small I chop through them but I don't want the tree toppling over.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very pretty! I wish my husband liked cooking... I'm very bored with it, myself!

Mary said...

Exciting roasting and baking days ahead!

Your plants are very pretty - ours are just about done now as Autumn is imminent!
Cooler days and nights will be welcomed, it's been a damp, very hot summer, and wearing masks has been difficult - I've felt quite breathless in the grocery stores. . . . . which are the only places we seem to go now!

Happy weekend Ali - stay well.