Sunday, January 21, 2024

Stolen Moments.

 Stolen Moments was the name on the box this jigsaw puzzle came in. I am renaming it Stolen Hours! I quite enjoy doing the occasional  jigsaw especially if it is a group activity, but this puzzle gave me little pleasure. I got persuaded to do it by 5 year old grandson who tried himself first and couldn't even complete the outside border. The picture is an Oil painting so NO straight edges. It is 1 of 3 in a Landscape  series . ( I must avoid the other 2 ) It was 1000 pieces. But I got 1001! ( I've never had an extra piece before - a duplicate )   ( Son gave me half an hour of his time and did a row across the sky - otherwise it was just me doing some every day )


 ( Published by Arrow in Australia www.mjm-australia.com    )    Made in China.


 I have now got my sewing back out! Hurrah!
 My hand sewing project is self designed inspired by a mandala in a colouring book. I know basically how I want it to look but am trialing parts as I go. Felt and cotton fabric all hand sewn. 

*****
 The grandsons spent time here on a very hot day so when the tide was in at our estuary water play and pretend fishing were good activities.
 Here smaller grandson (5)  just wants to get " accidently " wet. He is wearing gumboots!
 Bigger ( 8) grandson had new gumboots and decided not to fill his. Instead he practiced some poses on the jetty pile.





 

 




2 comments:

Janice said...

The jigsaw may have been tedious, but it is a lovely picture. It sounds like the grandsons had a fun time with you.

Chookyblue...... said...

It's a pretty picture with enough variation in it.......
Lovely block and I do love the pose......