Tuesday, February 03, 2009

That's Corny.

That's the last of the lovely corn cobs for a while....my quickest and favourite way is still 2 mins and 20 seconds in the microwave; in it's own natural wrapping. What could be more simple?


Molly I did make your chowder; it was yummy but not really suitable for the very hot weather we have been having. As it made heaps I froze the rest to enjoy when it's cooler. If you would like Molly's recipe it is here. We got 4 millimeters of rain last evening, so that means a late start on the Kiwifruit, when it dries out ( yippee ). Not a lot but it has settled the dust for now.
The only quilty thing I have been working on is preparation for a quilt I will make as soon as I have sufficient denim.It uses recycled denim from jeans or whatever. I have chosen 7" circles as the biggest I could get from most jeans. It is for a Mock Cathedral Windows quilt. I found the instructions here.
I will work on it as well as the Jewelled Bird which is progressing ever so slowly.( still sewing on feathers )


6 comments:

molly said...

Glad you liked the recipe Ali! I've seen that Jeans quilt pattern before.... I always cut the good parts from old jeans before tossing them with just such a project in mind!

meggie said...

Love the look of that deilcious corn, & the soup looks so good!
I was disgusted today, to see Kiwifruit in a local shop. It is now law they must discloe the country of Origin- this came from Italy!! grrrrr.

Anonymous said...

4 mm, huh, Ali? We got 325mm in the last 24 hours. No, that's NOT a mistake: three hundred and twenty five!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad you got a little rain.

Tracey Petersen said...

I am going to be watching that denim project progress with interest!

ForestJane said...

That's a scrumptious meal you have laid out there... *licks lips*

And I think you need to make a blue denim cape instead of the quilt - and carry a denim bag with it... lol

Are you going to use different colors of denim or only the blues?