I printed the label using a new Brother ink jet printer and was pleased how well it did the job. I used "Premium" printable fabric sheets( www.accraft.com.au ) which I bought locally. They are A4 size . (The ones from USA I have used in the past were smaller.)
The only thing I don't like about the fabric sheets is how tough they are to hand sew through if folded over, so I machine stitched them to some of the backing fabric and hand sewed that on instead.
I printed out 4 labels while I was doing it so have some ready for the next quilts I complete.
This is the felt embroidered ball I gave her. Each ball has 12 different coloured pentagons and therefore 12 little motifs.
This was ball # 23 I have made. Ball # 24 for this young lady's sister as it happens, needs to be completed in 3 weeks time. It is well on the way. I will endeavour not to put any of the same motifs on it as I have on # 23.
Although when I first started making theses balls I didn't take enough photos I am now taking a photo of each new motif I design. I have then all printed out in a clear file as a reference for myself, as well as keeping a notebook - I write down the entire details for each separate ball.
Of course I have some motifs that always turn out well and are fun to do, but my challenge is to think up new appropriate ones to use. ( sometimes I get special requests like a rugby ball on #23 and trout fishing for # 24.)