Monday, April 27, 2015

Make the Most of a Fine Day.

It's a very wet day here for our Monday holiday in NZ. I am glad I made the most of a fine day on Saturday when I walked up and over the Quarry Track and visited some of the garden sites along the way.
 A newish peaceful reflective place.
 The succulent bank.
 The Bonsai Corner.
 I looked down on our orchard below - ( slightly right of the middle - trimmed hedges and flat kiwifruit blocks.)
 From a different viewpoint our house is visible in the trees.

 I met a Monarch butterfly, ( one of many ) 
 on a very bright single dahlia and I said very nicely...."Would you please spread your wings."
 And it did.

4 comments:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Looks lovely where you are. The weather has cleared up here but the sky was so dark this morning. I think there's some more good weather to come yet fingers crossed :)

Jennifer said...

What a lovely spot for a walk!

Jill said...

Lovely gardens and a wonderful view. Some day I hope to travel to New Zealand.

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Such a lovely place, those gardens are stunning.