Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pt. 2


 Yes another bridge. What a beauty! On Sunday we drove to the  83 metre long Te Rewa Rewa Bridge, R then took the car back while son and DIL and I walked back along the Coastal Walkway in New Plymouth. This is the mid section of the walkway 5.6 kms. We all took photos on the bridge and from every angle.
 The young plants of NZ flax  (Phormium tenax )  ( Maori name Harakeke )looked very attractive beside the walkway.
 Where the Waiwhakaiho River meets the sea.


 Looking back at the bridge.( which is reminiscent of a breaking wave or whale skeleton ), I noticed it looks very different from every angle. Great design!
 Although I have picked out photos mainly with no one in them, the path was quite busy. Walkers ,mobility scooters, bikes which scare me if the come up behind me quietly at speed cause I sometimes meander, skate boards and runners all going both ways and sharing the path.  So single file was safest.
Looking along the coast to the city where we ended up.
 A most enjoyable walk that I would recommend. I would like to do the other 2 parts either side some other time.

2 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

I enjoyed looking at your photos, thanks for sharing. We tried to get booked in down there to use up some hotel vouchers but ended up in Auckland, just as well because I don't think just the one night would be enough. So it will have to wait to be explored another time :D

Pam said...

That looks lovely.

I'm amazed at the size of your family reunion. I have one aunt left, no cousins ever, one brother, one sister in law, one niece, one nephew. Our reunion would be rather quiet! Yours sounds wonderful.