Friday, August 15, 2008

Finishing Some Quilty Things.




Before I get on to the quilty bits I want to say I'm so glad you enjoyed your walk on Sunday Evening. I will certainly take you to other parts of the country Gudrun, I love going on different walks when I get the chance. Thinner thighs eh Julie -that's very encouraging!


Thankyou Laurie for giving me an award, I'm glad I help keep you in touch with NZ. Anyone on my Blogroll can consider themselves also awarded as your name wouldn't be there if I didn't wish to read your blog! I realise that some of you have far more time to devote to blogging than others and that can alter depending on one's current circumstances so I allow for variation. ( I'd like to spend hours each day with all of you but...... You know....other duties.)


Some finishing has been happening while I watch the Olympics. My Funky Flower quilt is now complete. Each flower has 2 circles of handstitching. The quilt also has machine quilting in the ditch along the sashing and around the edges etc. This quilt was made to use up scraps, and I don't actually like it all that much ( never mind ). It was made with the intention to be given away so can lurk in my cupboard till I decide on it's real home.


What I do like is the tiny wee girlie's bucket bag I just made. 2 inch squares means it's really cute. I had run short of needle punch batting so got some new and it is twice as thick as I had had before. I thought it might make it hard to deal with, but no, it worked well. So well, that the bag stands up alone quite easily.
And still it rains. We are water logged!

10 comments:

molly said...

Isn't that the best feeling when you put in the last stitch? Your scrap quilt looks very cute and colourful, and much more useful than a towering heap of scraps!

The little bag is adorable...What size is it?

Joyce said...

The little bag is sooo cute. I love the colors. I found that the thicker batting made better bags. I like it when they stand up on their own.

Unknown said...

I am waiting for our next walk :) Great finishes.

Paula, the quilter said...

Just love the flower quilt. I'll have to remember Joyce's tip about thicker batting in bags. It's a good one.

Tracey Petersen said...

The ric-rac around the border just makes that flower quilt. It is a lovely touch!

meggie said...

Your scrap flowers are very cute.
Love the little bag.
It never rains- it pours.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Well, the flowers are so bright and cheerful.

Pam said...

I do love those pretty things. The flowery quilt is especially lovely.

trendy georgia said...

I love your quilt!! What a great way to use up your scraps. Im always after interesting ways to use up scraps (After reading Rosemary Macleods thrift sewing book have u read it??) I may have to make a note of your quilt and put it in my scrap bag. Currently im doing a grandmothers garden quilt with mine and I dont like it either!
Have a great quilty day Cherry

sewkalico said...

I think that quilt is 'groovy'. Well done on finishing it! And it's a cute bag too!