Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colours of Spring.






















Photos taken down our driveway, as things start to blossom.
As you come in the front gate 4 Awanui Flowering Cherries are in bloom. Further up towards the house there are Azaleas and Rhododendrons.
The red rhodo is Rubicon.The final photo of yellow flowers is New Zealand native Kowhai, in the park next door..
( photos are all click able - but watch out for that bee.) It gladdens my heart and delights my nose. Enjoy some of my garden.

7 comments:

molly said...

Why would you want to move? Your garden is so beautiful!
Guess what I was making today? That's right---your little basket! Will show off when it's finished....
Also my son, the budding botanist, wants me to ask you if you have any tips for him on growing kiwis! He bought a male and a female plant at a flea market last w.e.........and of course will be trying to root cuttings, and all manner of dollacawling before long.

Françoise said...

Gorgeous!

loulee said...

Oooh! Beautiful, I'm jealous. We had such an awful summer and now we're headed into winter.

What are those yellow ones at the bottom?

Unknown said...

I so love those rhododendrons and azaleas - up in NW Scotland the place to visit is Inverewe Gardens in Maytime - they have some amazing ones! Thanks for sharing your little corner of Spring - just as I'm not looking forward to Winter here

Unknown said...

Beautiful.

meggie said...

Your garden is so beautiful! I love Rhododendrons. Blossom always reminds me of childhood.
Do the Tuis come to feast on the Kowhai?

Unknown said...

Beautiful, lucky you! I´m sitting here looking at yellow and brown leaves....