Monday, September 15, 2008

Little Fabric Basket.

 30 heart pillows my P & Q group got finished on Friday.

With fine weather all weekend things have been busy. I gardened both days till my back warned, " take a break now. " So I did and snuck back inside to the sewing machine and made this little fabric basket. It took me a couple of hours from start to finish.The photos show the cut out parts (there was also batting and lining added later.)The next pic shows it partly completed, then finally finished. It is tiny. (6"by 4.5" high ) Smaller than I imagined from Julz's photos, last weekend. I got the idea from Julz who got the idea from Pink Penguin who has an easy to follow tutorial on her blog in May this year.( Thanks ladies! ) It is really cute and I think could be made in other sizes, so may not be my only one.I can think of all sorts of uses especially as gift containers.
Some answers to comments.* Yes Gudrun we drive on the left hand side of the road in New Zealand. ( they do in Australia too )
* Isabelle I wouldn't expect you to have been to a Kiwifruit meeting - LOL - it's cause we make our living growing them that I have to go to various meetings ( or you can't complain when others make decisions on your behalf! )
Well, back out to orchard work for me - it was too hot this morning phew. I hope there is some high cloud this afternoon.











5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the answer. The basket is great, I really would like to do one, hmmmm, I see if I can squeeze it in between UFOS :)

molly said...

That basket is so cute!....And I've been wracking my brain for something different to make for a friend I'll see next w.e.! Thanks for giving us the links to instructions........

Françoise said...

Nice little basket!

meggie said...

Your wee basket is very cute! I will have to check the links to make one.
Glad you have had some warmer weather!

Amanda Jean said...

I love your little basket! how fun.