Saturday, October 04, 2008

Our Quilt Exhibition.





































So far our ( Tauranga Patchwork & Quilters ) Exhibition is going well. It was very busy yesterday morning. I am not there today but am back all day tomorrow. I will over the next few posts show a selection of the quilts. ( too many to show all )
The double wedding ring quilt was made by one of our ladies, who has recently found out she has lung cancer ( not a smoker ) so we are hoping she might win Viewers' Choice. It is made using all NZ fabrics which is lovely.
The (dolls ) ladies were made at a Jill Maas class. What attitude - they are adorable.
I happened to over hear 2 small girls, about 7 and 8 I'm guessing, trying to decide which quilt to vote for. One understandably liked the very bright ( pink, purple and lime green ) quilt with the Gerbra flowers - She said, "I'm going to pick this one." The other girl so" No! Can't you see that is boring. It is just the same thing repeated again and again.' This one over here that I'm going to vote for is much more interesting." ( it was a pictorial quilt. ) Discerning viewers!
All photos enlarge with clicking - More on Monday!

8 comments:

molly said...

Lots of talent on display here!

Helen said...

How lovely to see it so busy! and Oh that wedding ring! and the Purple circles, and that applique. wow! thanks for the inspiration. I feel like sewing now, but the skirting boards still need sanding.....

loulee said...

Oooh! I love show pictures, thanks for sharing.

I'm with the one who voted for the Gerberas they always look so cheerful.

Joyce said...

I just love those dolls! You are right. So much attitude.

Unknown said...

Great quilts - and I just love those 'dolls' - the ones with legs akimbo remind me so much of Kenny Everett with his character 'All in the best possible taste' - this might not mean anything to those of you down under or stateside but try googling him or checking out on youtube :o)

Unknown said...

I saw ladies like those on your picture once in a magazine from NZ, they are so funny. Thanks for sharing.

meggie said...

Wonderful of you to share all this with us! Love the little girls views!

Ali Honey said...

Yes, Anne we know who Kenny Everett is. We saw all his TV shows here too.