Monday, October 13, 2008

Then There Was 3.







A flowery "Good Morning to You! "
There are many very lovely Rhododendrons flowering at the moment. This one ( called Unique ) I spied had been attacked by thrips which makes the leaves all silver. I picked this bunch and removed all the leaves and put them in a large vase to admire their delicate beauty.
Then there were 3!............ 3 fabric baskets of slightly different sizes.( did they morph or was there some reproducing going on in the sewing cupboard ? )
Even more strange ( not really ) they then progressed and grew in the mind of the maker at 3 am, into this purple bag. It has short handles ( half padded - new trick ) and 2 pockets in the lining and will be most useful. I just have to find the right beautiful button for the closure tab and it's mine to use. ( do click to enlarge the photo so you can see the fabulous fabric. )
The sun is shining so now I must go and do crush tipping on the Kiwifruit ( ugh! ) ( I will probably think up my next project while working cause it's a repetitive mindless job. )

* It's about a year since we first tried to sell our property and were still here! Considering the World Economy maybe it's just as well??? Who knows ?

7 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Your Rhodys are lovely. My yard is full of snow now!

I love the pretty sparkley purple bag! Great fabric!

Joyce said...

I totally love that new bag! Gorgeous fabric!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Love the bags, especially your new purply one.

I enjoyed seeing the show of quilts. Nice to see you too with your quilt!

molly said...

Talk about taking an idea and running with it! Love the little black one...and the purple bag that came to you in the wee hours is gorgeous. Will be back home soon to my sewing machine and will maybe make some more little baskets with a Halloween theme.

Joanna said...

Really like your bags - I think I need to try some with the one piece of fabric on top instead of the squares - it looks so good and would be easier. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Love the bag and baskets!

Unknown said...

The bags are great, clever to make them in various sizes!