Yesterday at my P and Q Group we were all busy making aprons. They are all the go you know! ( if they ever went away )
Val had given the instructions out 2 weeks ago so many of us had already made a start. Many of us had come up with better ways of putting one together and I had started looking for other alternatives to using a fat quarter and all new fabric. In my photo the purple and mauve floral apron was done according to the instructions using a Fat Quarter ( hydrangea range ) and the colours are lovely - nicer than the photo shows.
The apron on the right was made using a previously made block - intended for a quilt ( I have 5 more just the same ) that I went off and had waiting in my sewing cupboard.( one of my rare UFOs )
I have also got ready a pieced border that didn't get used that I intend putting with calico and other fabric to make a cheaper apron. There are all sorts of possibilities and me being me, intend to explore them. They will make lovely gifts. I personally prefer the aprons that look like a patch worker made them. I am taking progressive photos so could do a tutorial, as they are very easy.