Some successful date scones were made here this morning . A huge improvement, so again thanks for the helpful tips. ( R said they were light and tasty! )
Yesterday at Tga P and Q group we had the Papamoa Patchers ( a newish group ) join us for lunch and Show and Tell. It was a very successful day, with much talk and laughter and sharing of ideas. Our room was really full and certainly lacking in good places to display all the lovely work ladies shared with us.
A while ago I told you about a project and showed you a little block I had made for a group quilt ( s ) that was being put together from Marie's ( deceased ) fabric's to be given to her family for the grandchildren to use. The first quilt is finished and displayed yesterday. This is the pastels quilt. There may be enough blocks still coming in to make 3 quilts.
Another Marie in the group had tied it for us, which suited it . This was made from a huge variety of fabrics and sewers so a good group effort.
We have got back to better weather which is encouraging things to grow. Here are R's first potatoes( Marris Anchor )( first time we have tried this varriety ) hoed up and the second lot just through (Agria ). The Pukeko have been scratching a bit but this patch is down beside a kiwifruit block so not fenced. Last year this patch grew all the pumpkins. My herb and salad garden is producing in abundance!
For the rest of the day while the sun is out there are lawns for me to mow, and gardening jobs galore.
I hope your weekend is enjoyable !