Monday, October 08, 2018

Things I've Planted Now Producing.

 We moved here on the 4th July. I planted these climbing snow peas shortly after that and am now picking the first pods. The garden had good soil here and compost bins full. I am putting in more every now and then.( they are the sort you can eat shell and all. )
 
 The broad beans have tiny beans forming ; they will take a week longer, the first flowers being slow to pollinate .I've seen one bumble bee and many ordinary bees but they like the lavender and cherry blossoms best.

I removed the unsightly frame from around one bed . R had made a very smart strong bird protection frame for my strawberries. All 4 plots here are the same size so it is movable when I want to put strawbs elsewhere another year.
The lids come up in 2 halves - nice and light.
 Grandson will be very pleased. He loves picking and eating strawberries. To have ones own strawberries after the recent sabotage of punnets for sale will be reassuring.
*****

This pure wool 4ply scrap blanket is now finished. the weight on the needles was getting heavy so a good time to stop.
 We have seen 2 more adult rabbits yesterday and one today. R can only get a shot at them if there is no neighbour's  house behind. Meanwhile I am covering every little plants I plant out. 
 On my next post I will show how I am getting on with newest Grandson's Felt embroidered ball.


2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice veggie plots and there'll be no pins or needles in your strawberries!

Janice said...

Your vege patch is looking great. You’re further advanced than we are. It is quit cold here again. My peas, snow peas and broad beans are still a little while away, but the rhubarb is going great and all 5he herbs are getting going again.