Sunday, February 21, 2010

Agapanthus Wallhanging.

By lunchtime today this is where I have got to with my wallhanging.
It has sewn really well using non iron on vilene as stabiliser on the back. I have ( as always ) used Gutermann thread; a green varigated on the top with dark green in the bobbin and a pale blue variagated on the flowers with a dark blue in the bobbin. The background fabric is actually a pale green moda marble, it looks very pale in the photo.

Here is a close up of the stitching - I chose to just straight stitch the applique with a stitch length of 1.9 on the Bernina.


And the back now looks like a sketch!

L
Later I will start on the saw tooth under border then the next 2 borders and then the embellishments. ( so far I am liking it ).

4 comments:

carole brungar said...

I am amazed you are stopping to blog in the middle of your class!! :)

Ali Honey said...

I'm not. It was a one day class - yesterday...I am at home today.

Meggie said...

Looks like a productive class, with a lot of great results.
I really like yours!

Unknown said...

It´s looking good.