Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Over Ordered.

I think I may have over ordered on the rain!
This long holiday weekend for us was very wet.

We have had 140 mls ( 5.5 inches ) of rain in the last 3 days.. Blocked spouting had to be cleared by R in the worst down pour. We have metal ( gravel ) washed off some of the tracks but nothing more moved in the landslide debris in the creek , altough the creek itself was up and the spillway barely coped. Others about the country were not so lucky with Hawkes Bay and Gisborne areas getting severe flooding and slips.
I did some cutting out but the minute I sat down at the sewing machine the power went out. Not for too long but dinner was a bit late.The ball made some progress and one hemisphere is complete and the other has the last 3 to fill with motifs.



This morning is fine but cloudy but one of the main things I am doing is harvesting veges that haven't been picked for a couple of days. The wet has split some tomatoes.

I have the other beans still to pick and courgettes, but as family are popping in while passing for lunch I better get going. Some pikelets are my next job.

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Man, you guys sure have some difficult weather! I hope it dries our soon. Your little balls are so cute. Now, what is a pikelet?

carole brungar said...

Gosh, I haven't made pikelets for ages! Sounds a good idea. :)

Laurie said...

Oh!! so all this rain can be put at your feet...I must admit I think we may have had enough now...the ideal would be 2-5 am each night soft steady rain. But we do not live in an ideal world...and how boring would that be...what would we moan about.

My guttering did not take it and it is clear...down pipes were to small and soak away is not the best way to move water.

Joyce said...

What a lot of rain. We are having a similar time with snow. Still, your garden seems to be producing wonderful veggies.

Bubble said...

Soggy sausages!! Fab ball, you clever lady xxxx

Downunderdale said...

send that rain here - we have forgotten what it looks like and especially how lovely it is when it is fresh and falls on you and the glorious smell? not to mention the green
Cheers
Dale

Meggie said...

Last time we had pikelets, I made some for my ill neighbour, to tempt her to eat. Must make some more.
Shame you had a wet long weekend.

Unknown said...

The ball is getting gorgeous.