Thursday, August 09, 2012

Mainly Work.

Firstly Thanks Sooziii for your concern over our safety. Apart from what we saw on the TV News and on line and on web cams we wouldn't have known Mt. Tongariro was erupting. An interesting little happening for most of us but very disruptive and work producing for those close by, who have to clean thick ash of roofs and vehicles and garden. Rain probably washed the pasture clean. ( or will do in time ) Also work for DOC who have to check all the tracks and huts. Some damage was done that will need repair.

 Here this week we have had this big beast mulching up all the shelter trimmings.
 It was too dangerous and  difficult to get close while it was working. It has done a great job.

 Today I finished working in block 3 kiwifruit, so came home a bit early. There was some sunshine too which I lapped up as there hasn't been a lot here lately.
 When it was wet we both went into the shed and completed shelling all the walnuts I collected and dried early. This is the final bag full. We store them in the freezer where they remain fresh and free flow for ages.
Quilting. I needed some stuffing for 6 clutch balls, I cut out the fabric parts for and  ladies are going to make tomorrow, so I unpicked and un stuffed/de stuffed ( is there a correct term?)( reverse stuffing perhaps ) a fabric Christmas tree I made a couple of years ago and never liked much. It had a surprising amount in it. ( recycling)
 I have also been into the parts department and sorted some left over half square triangles and cut and and sewn quite a few more to make a worthwhile number... to start  making my next Charity quilt. Some of the fabric in the left over lot were very uninteresting colours and designs so I have pulled some light brights to give it a lift. Photos when I have really  accomplished  something.
 Olympics.    There is still plenty to watch. There were some unexpected medals and some of our competitors  who must be really disappointed. (I don't think the media should predict wins before they happen.)  My Aussie friends your medal table result has really improved, that must make you happy.
 Last night we also saw some good results for the Canadians -  D and N are you watching?

 We are proud to hear that NZ has now, over many years, earned 100 Olympic medals although the first 3 ever were won as part of an Australasian team. So we will celebrate when we get to 103 as well!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

We saw the news of the eruption here. Our one-and-only time on the Desert Road was in a blizzard, we couldn't see the mountains at all because the snow was falling so heavily.

Meggie said...

I got in touch with rellies about Tongariro, but no one was affected. My brother felt it had been another media beat-up. My cousin in TGA said she never saw any ash either.

Meggie said...

I got in touch with rellies about Tongariro, but no one was affected. My brother felt it had been another media beat-up. My cousin in TGA said she never saw any ash either.

Suzy said...

Glad to hear is was nothing serious ... we probably got more press about it than you did .... lol