We were giving some red plums that were a bit tart . I made some into yummy muffins for the freezer. One broke so we sampled it.
* Preheat oven to 200 degrees.* Cut into small chunks 1.5 cups of raw plum flesh.
* In a large bowl cream 90 grams of softened butter with 2/3 cup of caster sugar.
* Add one large egg and mix in.
*Alternately add 2 cups of sifted self - raising flour with 1 cup of milk.
* Don't over mix.
* Spoon into greased patty tin or as I did into paper cup cases sitting in the 12 hole muffin tin ( makes less cleaning up )
* If desired sprinkle tops with raw sugar.
* Bake in oven for 15 minutes, till golden.
* Remove from oven and run a knife around each muffin . Let them cool in the pan. After about 10 minutes just twist each muffin side ways to make sure it is loose but leave in tin till completely cold - that way it is more likely to come out whole.
My 6 inch square hand -quilted letters got completed during the week ( with time to spare luckily. )
Down the paddock in R's extra garden the watermelon plants decided to pop under the fence and have their melons hanging at the top of quite a steep bank. I hope the don't get eaten off by rabbits and roll down the hill .I hope this year we get to eat them at just the right time before they start going off like last year!
Now I want to rant!
If you are a Telecom Yahoo customer you will know what I am on about. Last night I could not access my email account. I had some idea of what was happening after Telecom's security got breached ( cyber attack ) last weekend. So I went in and changed my password BUT still no access I read all information I could find on the News website and Telecom's site. For 2 hours I could still not use Outlook Express ( how I send and receive email ). Strangely, I could however access my email by web mail and access my Telcom usage meter so I knew my new password had been accepted there.
Eventually after I had read my email on web mail I found I could now get into Outlook Express. This morning I got an email from telecom telling me they were going to pro -actively cancel my account last night - a good 12 hours after they had in fact done it.
I was very annoyed at having to waste so much time on a Saturday evening trying to get the service I pay for. Telecom you can do better and you jolly well must or I am moving my account. .