One of the projects I was working on is finished. A reversible apron for the kitchen sales table at our next exhibition. Being double layered makes it quite absorbent too. I have top stitched very close to the edge all the way round so it should make for easy ironing should any be needed. Doing patchwork has made me very particular about the finish of anything I sew now. I look in horror when I find manufactured tea towels or sheets or clothes etc that have bits missed or not correctly joined.
I am also working on one of these again. A felt embroidered baby ball. My young ones have some lovely friends who are having a babe in June. So I am making them a gift. This is the 22nd one I have made. Some of the balls live overseas. I keep a notebook of what they had on them and who they belong to. I will leave one pentagon free till the baby is born and put the first letter of it's Christian name as a capital. I love making these - the hardest part being trying to think of some new motifs to use.
I hadn't done a snowman before but am not completely happy with it - I will give it some tweeking and more detail.( the arms are meant to look like sticks but look a bit silly )
I forgot to put in the photo of the red and yellow hot pokers in the previous post. The Tuis are enjoying the nectar and hang upside down when they need to, to get at it.
This is for Leanne...... drying walnuts in front of the fire to hasten the process. These I picked up yesterday and will be the final ones for this year I think (510.)
That makes the total I picked up = 7,621 walnuts.
( so still a lot to dry and shell.)
We had a phone call from the pack house rep. It is looking like our turn to pick the kiwifruit might happen Saturday. ( but I think rain has been forecast for Friday...so we shall see )