Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Eating.

I have been eating some interesting food. We came back yesterday from staying with our young ones up in the big smoke.
 On Saturday evening we all went to dinner at the Tasting Shed in Kumeu ( state Highway 16 )  From the menu you pick 6 ( or however many ) dishes you would like to taste and share.
 We had a fish dish ( crispy terekihi ); triple cooked potatoes; Stingray; spicy pumpkin; beef cheeks and a cauliflower dish. All very yummy. 
 For dessert we just couldn't decide so shared these. 2 sorts of ice cream ( a double chocolate ( very rich ) and salty caramel ) and de-constructed rhubarb cheesecake; mini doughnuts and Pineapple Lump.  We were all very satisfied.
 I think it is a great way to taste many different dishes.
***
 The young ones also did a BBQ to share with us and other friends on Sunday.

 Again, yummy food.
***
 Our trip back was not straight forward - the car misbehaved and is back at the garage  - after 4 days there last week. They don't know what is ailing it.( again I have no wheels - But I want it back as my reliable old work horse  )
 If you happen to be travelling between Tauranga and Auckland on State Highway 2, the Wood Turners Cafe, at Mangatarata  is a pleasant place for coffee or lunch. They have interesting things for sale on the shelves too....but it gets very busy.
 ****
 I got an email from The Editor of Australian Homespun Magazine to say she had used a photo of my Optical Illusions Quilt in the November issue. I must hunt a copy down .

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on being published! Triple cooked potatoes sound good, must see if I can find a recipe.

molly said...

Congrats on Your quilt being publish worthy! All that yummy food made my mouth water. I think I need to go rummage in the fridge!

Thimbleanna said...

It's looks like you've had a feast! And congratulations on having your quilt put into the magazine! YAY!!!

Mary said...

I had no idea stingray was edible!!!! Love the sound of spicy pumpkin, and anything with a cauli in it suits me. Desserts - oh my, rhubarb is lovely always (or in all ways), I would have chosen that one for sure!

Congrts. on the magazine.
Happy week - hope your car is repaired soon.
Hugs - Mary