I'm really a savouries person but I need to take a supper plate so decided to use some of our bountiful supply of lemons and make this recipe.
* set oven to160 degrees C.
*Line a sponge roll tin with baking paper.
* For the base - in a bowl mix together 1 cup of flour with 1/2 a cup of icing sugar. Rub 125grams of butter into this.
*Press into tin and bake for barely 20 minutes. ( watch it doesn't brown too much )
* while it is cooking make the topping.
* Topping. In a bowl break 3 eggs, add 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour. With an egg beater beat till all combined ( not too long )( should be quite thick ).
*Add the zest and juice of 3 lemons. Mix in.
*Pour this over the hot base crust and return to oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
* it should be set but not too browned ( I nearly over did mine in the photo )
* cool and dust with icing sugar, then cut into small bars. Keep in the fridge if not been eaten straight away. It is sweet but if your lemons are good it should have a lovely sharp tang to it. Enjoy.