Thursday, December 30, 2010

Promises of Things to Come.

My waterlily in the big blue bowl has 3 buds at once so promises a good display. Probably not today as it is overcast.
The grape vine has a  good number of bunches which are sizing up well.

The persimmon tree has lots of fruit set - this is how they look just after the flower petals have dropped.

Tuesday was wet so I got lots done. Annabel would be pleased with me....inspires by my new book I made the walnut, pear and avocado salad ( having  to buy only the cheese and pears ). I also made another Christmas cake and loaf, more fruit mince pies   and focaccia bread. I needed to stock up just in case more visitors arrive..
Otherwise things are boring with us working under the kiwifruit vines every fine day.  We are slowly getting it done.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your water lily will be lovely when it's blooming! They are so pretty.

Suzy said...

Mmmm - that all sounds really yummy!

Hope you and R had a great Christmas and I wish you both a wonderful New Year ...

Meggie said...

Here is hoping 2011 will be wonderful for you!
Look forward to seeing the gorgeous Lilly pics when they bloom.
I have never seen a persimmon growing, so was intrigued to see this pic.