Friday, December 10, 2010

Today I've Been Spoilt.

Today was my last obligation as President of Tauranga Patchwork and Quilting Group. The ladies made a fuss of me with numerous hugs and thanks, some lovely cards; 2 gifts and these lovely flowers. I am hoping the Lizianthus will recover - the  tips drooped on the way home as it was so hot  here today and I came home via the supermarket. The flowers D ordered match my lounge and are Sunflowers, Chrysanthemums, Statis and Lizianthus with Hygdrangea leaves. The card the Committee had signed has Jill Maas Dolls on it. One of the presents I left unopened till a day when I need a little treat.
    We had a shared Christmas lunch then I started work on trimming and assembling some of the healing hearts blocks ladies had made. Thanks ladies.( I will show progess photos when I make some ). J has made a whole quilt top and decided to take it home and complete it, so she can send a finished quilt down to Shirley. ( I explained how Shirley was completely swamped with blocks to sew into quilt tops. ) I will try and make what I am working on into a finished quilt too.
 I am very much looking forward to a spell from running meetings and having the ultimate responsibility for the group. I hope to take more time to sew and look forward to being just a normal club member next year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to get spoilt!
Love your flowers :-)
Have a great weekend
Annette

Tracey Petersen said...

Congratulations. I imagine that you have worked hard to earn them!

Joyce said...

Nice flowers. It's nice to be appreciated.

By Hoki Quilts said...

I don't think you were spoilt, I would suggest each bloom was well earnt and appreciated. Sometimes I think we forget to thank those that take on these important roles enough.
Well done you
hugs
Miche'le

Deb said...

The flowers would have been well deserved, I'm sure. There is always so much work involved when you commit to an organisation , no matter what it is. The flowers are gorgeous.