Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sunshine.

Early morning rays of sunshine were back today. ( and stayed all day ) This shot looks down a small hill, past 2 pin oak trees that are all colours now. In the centre of the photo ( the flat green part) is one of our kiwifruit blocks. The fruit is almost ready to harvest...Just 10 days or so to go. When I walked today it got really hot which was better than all that rain. I had time for some gardening and I am now handquilting the apple quilt. ( progress!!!) I don't have a design wall so find taking flat photos of quilts without any parallax errors difficult. I think I am going to have to make some sort of vertical display/ viewing space. ( I do have several large flat floor areas, a large table and a huge bench but none very good for photos.
I have found so many great blogs out there it takes me quite a while to read them all. Very inspiring!

5 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Beautiful shot of the sunshine streaming! I always have to remind myself that the Southern Hemisphere is having a different season than we are LOL!

Joyce said...

Beautiful photo. I've gotta get to NZ!
I made a design wall by covering two styrofoam insulation pieces (each 4x8) with flannelette and fastening them to the wall. It was inexpensive and works great. It is just finding the wall space that can be a challenge sometimes.

Shirley Goodwin said...

I've always found it hard to properly photograph large quilts too. Now I only make small ones!

Ali Honey said...

Thanks for the comments friends. It is too soon in my quilting life ( so to speak ) too limit the size of my quilts.Altho small is easier in every way, I know. Joyce I will consider that way for a design wall....I have a fairly handy man here so will look at all the possible ways of making one.
Yes, NZ is a beautiful country and I just love taking photos of it at it's best. Best Wishes Alison.

Nellie's Needles said...

Your apple quilt is "delicious". You're making me miss NZ. We took a cruise around the islands for my 60th b'day 4 years ago. There were many excursions inland. 3 weeks was not long enough. Stay tuned to my blog for the influence that being in NZ has had on my work.

When you build your design wall, consider using a gray felt as the covering. A neutral bacakground works better than black or white for assessing the colors of your work.

Thanks for your comment about my Hundertwasser Happy Houses series.