Monday, June 01, 2009

Apron Tutorial Pt 1.


Before you start.....things I noticed.

* fat quarters all measure differently.( so don't assume )

* Fabric may be joined, but seams will show.
* This size fits medium to large person.

What You need.
Fabric 1.( feature ) = 20" square ( or 1 FQ )
Fabric 2.= 25" square; 2 x (2" x 22" ) strips; 3 x ( 3.5"x 23" );
Fabric 3.= 2 x ( 4.5" x 26" ) strips.
1 x button, matching thread etc.
Notes:1. I used a pieced block in place of the feature fabric 1 in one apron. 2. I used a pieced border in place of fabric 3 in another apron.
3. There will be other possibilities you may think of to make these your own personal articles.
4. Fabric 1 is the front; fabric 2 is the straps and neck strap and the lining which also shows at the top of the apron in a triangle shape; fabric 3 is the bottom border.
Part 2 with sewing procedure will follow. ( I'll do it in small parts as my photos never stay where I want them- hehe )

No comments: