In the Aftermath ( of our Show )I have had time to contemplate and there are good things and not so good things, springing to mind.
Things I am glad about:
* I have now had 2 nights proper sleep.
* nothing went wrong and I haven't heard any grumbles.
* raffles were ( all but one ) won by outsiders.
* 4 newish members got placings in the 9 viewers' choice voting ( 1st , 2nd and 3rd in each section
* members never get to see the results of the viewers' choice voting. ( I wouldn't want anyone being disheartened...because Jo Public doesn't really know much about quilts! )
* I can now move onto some new projects!
Things that Trouble Me.
* Members who deserved placings because of fabulous work and originality and technical excellence; didn't get them.
* Members who worked hard and helped and supplied food etc...weren't ( with one exception ), the ones who got placings.
* one quilt in particular that we spent ages getting to hang right cause it was badly bound and stretched got a placing. ( sending the wrong message )
Thanks for your comments over the last few posts. I'm glad you too got to enjoy our quilts.
- Leanne I agree that scrappy star quilt was beautiful ; it was made by one of our most experienced quilters, who has great colour sense.
- Yes, Molly my B Bird quilt is for my husband and he is happy with it that's the main thing. My denim one is for my elder son.
- Today's photos show the last few pictures from the show and the few purchases I made downstairs in the Merchants Mall, ( yes some pink fabric and photo fabric - giving a clue to where I am headed ) and other folk there enjoying some browsing and shopping.