Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things that Make it all Worthwhile.

I must have been more tired than I realised as when I reread yesterday's post, just now,  I had to edit out about 5 typos....a sure sign for me that I was not quite with it. After 2 nights good sleep in my own bed I think I have caught up.
Here is some of the progress on the latest ( # 19 ) felt embroidered ball.
I have never done a hot air balloon before so that is another motif I can add to my supply. I have also put a capital A and a rather strange looking freisian calf on the other side, also new. This is in an attempt to personalise the ball for the baby by putting on things that she sees. ( A for her name; lives in a house on a hill, on a dairy farm where the hot air balloons fly over. )

Things that make it all worthwhile are the lovely "Thank yous."  I recieved this card from the UK this morning from the parent- father actually;  of ball # 18. Her Dad said she can grasp the ball already - pretty good for nearly 4 months. ( and he is going to email photos of the baby and ball - I will enjoy seeing that )
 Other things that make the effort all worthwhile are the hugs I recieved from ladies before they left Retreat and the emails of thanks sent after they got home.( for 6 ladies it was a 1st Retreat ).
Perhaps the biggest relief for me yesterday, was the Treasurer adding up the all accounts, and giving 3 ladies who were unwell refunds and we still only went over budget by $51. ( they only get full refunds if it is unavoidable or medical reasons )( that was after having to pay an extra $230 for further accommodation. )  One more person being able to come would have made a profit.  A record number attended as it was.

*You lucky girls going to Turangi in July will have much more up market accommodation and should thoroughly enjoy it.
* Late yesterday I started finding and picking the kiwfruit the pickers missed, ( they always miss some )( I have only done a few rows so far )  so will keep you some Laurie and there is still avos, so I must try and arrange a visit or visa versa.
* It is really clouding over, maybe we are actually going to get some much, much needed forecast rain....that would be grand.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

That little hot air balloon is adorable! We'd be more than happy to send you some rain -- I'm ready for it to stop here!

Laurie said...

So pleased your retreat was a success.... just say the word and I can visit
Your ball is so cute what a fabulous idea to put on the things that are around the child
Lovely rain today never thought I would be saying that.

Meggie said...

Love the hot air balloon.
How I wish I could be there to share some Kiwi fruit, also Avos. We have been enjoying Avo & cheese melts... but they are expensive, as the avos are rather dear just now.
So glad the Retreat was so successful...I would love to do one!