With all the new technology around here it is easy to get a mental over load, so it was with some relief that I sat at the sewing machine and did something that I am totally familiar with. This year at our Exhibition which is next month, we are having only cushion covers on the sales table. Last year with only aprons we sold out.
So I sat and made a cushion cover, from an orphan block I had won in a Chinese Auction. It was made by someone with the same first name as myself.
I used a very thin batting behind the block and quilted in the ditch around the star pattern.I had some dark blue Moda Marble to use for the backing, so I measured the width and cut 2 very generous blocks that would overlap by about 8 inches. That will eliminate the need for a zip or buttons.
Front and 2 parts for the back.
The 2 back parts are overlapped till they make a square the same size as the front and are then sewn together down the side seam
The right sides are then laid facing and are pinned then sewn around the outside edge.I trimmed the corners and turned it through the gap left by the 2 back parts.( Use something pointed to carefully push out the corners to square.)
Stitch really closely to the outside edge the whole way around, for a sharp finish. Then to make a flange stitch along the line where the blue border ends,leaving a one inch flange..I trimmed any loose ends and pressed it. I trialled it with an inner and it looks good on my blue couch - shame I am giving it away.