Monday, June 04, 2012

Next Little Project.

This is how much I have completed on my next project. A quilt for a child's bed; to be donated to the  Ruel Foundation. I started in on Saturday, at our Charity Quilt In, using up as many parts and scraps as I could.
 Now I am making more of  these 4 patch blocks, didn't have quite enough; for the next border.

 Muriel was finishing this lovely blue quilt top off. ( made from left over blocks and scraps ) If she donates this I will be surprised it is so nice I think she should keep it.
 All blue quilts should wear red shoes don't you think?

 I just have to show this next photo. One of the ladies said, "Does anyone want anything from my scrap bag?."  You would have thought it was a Smith & Caughey  Sale. Ladies who don't need others' scraps grabbing bits of fabric. One even snacked a piece out of another's hand. Those of us not going through the scraps were killing ourselves laughing. I have never seen these girls behaving like that before. I did take another closer photo but it is just a blur of hands.
 The rest of the weekend seems to have been far too busy for a Holiday weekend - how does that happen? R is cooking dinner as he wanted to use up the last few aubergines he grew ( his fav ) , so I went out and mowed all the lawns. Now I feel tired, so better try and put my feet up for the rest of then day and pretend it was a holiday. ( Idid however get a lot of different things done.)
Walnut tally = 4,463



4 comments:

loulee said...

I love watching other folks orphans and scraps come together.

Jennifer said...

Well.....one quilter's scraps are another's good fortune!

Richard Healey said...

I love that top box it is way cool.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

qifei2012 said...

Match some exercise regimen to match your bodys necessities
Wholesale p90x workout. Take advice from a workout fitness professional, summarize your own personal ambitions, ones advantages and drawbacks with the conditioning professional and decide correctly p90x. There are many gyms close to Carson Space presents body toning institutions as well as programs to the perfect potential customers Wholesale p90x
Wholesale p90x.
p90x workout