Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Butterfly Quilt.

Today we had a little bit of much needed rain ( 10mls ) and some thunder. We are hoping for more over night and tomorrow.  Rain that is - not thunder.  So I sewed!
This shows me drawing out a design for the middle panel on my butterfly quilt; which I am designing as I go along - sort of.  There will be more leaves, flowers and butterflies in this .The panel is long and skinny so needs careful balancing. I'm still fiddling with it.  This panel sits in the middle of this - seen here on the floor.( without borders just corner stones.)

This is using those butterfly charm squares Loulee. The butterflies in this part are very stylized so I could place a square in the middle of each one.( it is also seen  upside down here.)

This is what the haberdashery was for. Butterflies' abdomen! The green is good, the white and cream are okay the pink is the wrong pink so may not get used....and those expensive buttons for eyes look strange and too black so they may not get used either. The butterflies seen here are still works in progress and will get more detail. So Gudrun that's what I'm sewing.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That will be a fun quilt - I like your centre panel! Could you use beads for the eyes, or is it for a small child?

molly said...

That is so pretty You never told us you were so artistic.....though after that bird quilt I should have figured it out!

Bubble said...

Lovely, can i ask do you make these to use, or as presents or too sell??? So many crafty people in the world of blogs, i love it xxx

Meggie said...

Very nice Butterlies quilt. Perhaps they eyes could be done in French Knots? I realise they are rather small.
Love the center panel, it is looking very nice.

loulee said...

My butterfly fling quilt ground to a halt. Maybe I'll look at it on my next day off.

Tracey Petersen said...

Just the paper outline on the green background looks amazing. I can't wait to see it in fabric.

Unknown said...

Now I know :)