Sunday, March 28, 2010

Now in Colour.

Here is the feature panel for the centre of the Butterfly quilt. For someone who doesn't usually use pink this was a big leap - but I like my "happy flowers." Now I need to add butterflies to the top part of the panel. ( and probably escaping out into other areas around the quilt. )
I think the butterflies  may be the aqua blue and white fabric already used. I shall play around till I'm happy. I think I am headed in a whole new direction with drawing with thread.
 (What do you think Tracey ? )

8 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Wow Ali, this looks amazing. I am always in awe of how much work goes into make a quilt (no longer will I look at them as simple...)you must be very proud. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Laurie said...

I just love the pink flowers...but I am in to pink at present... looking forward to the butterflies..
Thank you for the birthday wishes I will keep them safe until 3rd April which I think is the day .. having given up counting anymore birthdays I try not to think about them to closely.... But with lovely friends reminding me I am having difficulty in doing this so " to hell with it" I am going to continue to celebrate.

Bubble said...

love the colours well done you xxx

Bubble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyce said...

This one is looking wonderful. I'll be watching for butterflies flitting all over the place.

Tracey Petersen said...

I am so looking forward to seeing this one finished. It is just lovely in pieces.

Meggie said...

I agree it is just lovely! I am partial to a bit of pink, so the flowers appeal to me.

molly said...

Love the pink and aqua together!