Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Finished Sounds Pleasing

"Finished, " sounds pleasing to my ear.  Felt embroidered ball # 20 is done. This one is for a wee baby called Poppy.
A friend asked  me to make 2 balls for each of her grand daughters; one  aged almost one and the other just a few months. As these 2 girls are cousins I made sure I didn't repeat any of the motifs on the balls. A's has a farm theme. P's has a seaside theme.
While I was photographing the balls I decided ( as you do...well I do anyway...have bright ideas that usually involve work!  ) on another helpful idea. I would take a photo of each of the motifs I have designed and put them all together in a catalogue so it helps me ( and maybe someone asking for a ball to be made ) when trying to decided what to put on a ball. That would add to my photos of the finished balls and the written note book I keep.That is a computer and printing project for myself.

I think the balls look quite good when in the company of other balls!
**********
Now I need to hear the word finished for that fabric challenge. I have done some more but the end seems distant still!

8 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

These balls are adorable.

molly said...

Paula took the words right out of my mouth! How big across are the balls---little? or similar in size to your clutch ball?

Joyce said...

Those balls are so cute. It almost seems a shame to let babies play with them!

Thimbleanna said...

Your little balls are just adorable Ali. What a lot of work and creativity goes into each one!

Chookyblue...... said...

those balls are so very cute.........

Mama Bear said...

You are so talented, Ali. I remember the day one of these special balls arrived for Taotahi (who is now almost 10). We have treasured it ever since. xx

Meggie said...

Ali, those balls are just a delight! I love the motifs you have designed, and you deserve to be congratulated!!

NStokes said...

The felt balls are stunning! With a new grandchild due January 4, I would love to try to make one. Can you refer me to a particular blog of yours that I can pull the pattern and directions?