The vase of felt flowers I made (above ) is my contribution to "fabric flowers in vases," for on the tables in the cafe at our Exhibition in September. That is finish 2.
Finish 3 is the kiwifruit pruning which was done by lunchtime Thursday. Today it is raining, so we were lucky they got it all done in the fine.
Friday was a very long day at P and Q group.We had our normal meeting and Show and Tell then at 11 am I started the Class - tutoring 14 ladies making bucket bags. They were given comprehensive written and illustrated instructions to keep, and refer to.( I was surprised how many did not bother to do so during the class. ) I have taught this same class before with very few problems, but this time many different errors were made. Not all by one person - they each had a turn except for 2 people.I realise now one had had so little patchwork experience this was a tough project for her...but we found solutions and she is going to make 2 bags so none of her fabric is wasted.
Without me going in to detail about the unpicking lets just say by the time I got home at 9 pm ( after our Pizza dinner which was yummy ) I was was exhausted mentally and physically. The ladies say they had a ball and really really enjoyed their long day sewing.
I know there was nothing wrong with the instructions given verbally or on paper as one lady had finished her bag by 3pm.
Here she is doing the final top stitching.
3 others got almost finished. Here are some of the fabric chosen by the ladies that I think will make a lovely finished bag.
I will work with the ladies who didn't get finished ( for many different reasons ) till they all have their bags done.
( blogger is restricting me from putting up more photos, so that's all I can show you today )
Be sure to check in tomorrow as I will be posting photos from the Papamoa Patchers Exhibition I went to yesterday.