Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Autumn Leaves



The sun was back this morning after 72 mls of rain over the last 2 days, but it was very wet under foot. So I interspersed some sewing with hanging out washing and vacuuming and general stuff like that. I made some progress too. I now have pale blue blocks between my very scrappy ones. All but one intersection matches...There is always one! I now am studying what borders to add . It is quite long, but not wide enough, so I will add wide at the sides and narrow at the ends I think. In order to get a quick photo of progress outdoors I often throw a quilt top over my bright red garden seat. This seat is under a Copper Beech tree.

After lunch it was dry enough to mow the lawns. The copper Beech tree and others are now dropping enough Autumn leaves to make things look untidy, so I was mowing up leaves as well as grass. The lawns are extensive so it takes me a while....good exercise....I already walked early this morning....so 2 lots!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Ali the garden looks beautiful and your hand stitched balls are spectacular. thanks for sharing.

Deb Hardman said...

Seems funny to hear you speak of autumn leaves, when here it's just beginning spring. Your yard is beautiful, & I'm enjoying your blog. I think I'll add you to my sidebar to make you easier for me to find!