Sunday, April 30, 2006

Inspiring Apples.


This is the inspiration for my Apple Quilt! ( photos soon)New Zealand grows the most yummy crisp apples.( this variety Pacific Rose)
Here on our orchard we don't grow apples...Other parts of the country do it better.
We grow green Kiwifruit and Avocados, for export. For our own use we grow: Oranges, Feijoas, Lemons, Macadamia Nuts, Walnuts, persimmons Cheimoyas,Tamarillos Herbs and lots of vegetables.
Maybe I will have to do quilts for all of these. My herb garden certainly might be a likely topic.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Your garden sounds fantastic! We could grow apples here, but the deer keep eating the little trees. We have plums, cranberries, saskatoons (similar to blueberries but we think better), chokecherries and strawberries all growing wild on our property. Your fruit souns very exotic to us and avocadoes are among our favorites but always imported. THanks for linking to me and I will do the same.
Joyce

ForestJane said...

I have bad memories of persimmons! Growing up, we had 4 persimmon trees, and the fruit would smell SO fragrant. My brothers told me when I was about 7, go ahead, try one, they're good! One bite, and I thought all the spit in my mouth had dried up and disappeared... lol

After a frost, Mom would sometimes gather a few and make jam with them, but never in large amounts.