Saturday, April 29, 2006

Still Raining


New Zealand is getting rather wet. Flooding in many areas. The worst we have had was one blocked drain by a kwifruit block which once it was cleared the water subsided. Last night we could hear really loud thunder just a little way off not over us luckily. ( bad at Hahaei, on the Coromandel)
Back to yesterday; the weather cleared for most of the day. I managed to buy 2 new tops while out , ( need more everyday ones ) there were only 3 in the whole shop I tried, ( some fairly expensive) and everything very sparkly! I had an enjoyable time at Patchwork & Quilting. I love seeing what others are working on. Borrowed 2 books from the club's library....yum! After that I took a walk while the weather was fine; then did the supermarket shopping before returning home. Phew!
Today as it has been inside weather, I washed a red fabric piece I have decided to use and ironed it dry. I then set about cutting more 4" squares from fabric I want to use up, ( see photo of swapped fat quarters ) to make 1/2 square triangles for the next part of my scrap quilt. Boring but essential. I will hand sew them later while watching the rugby.
NETBALL! our team "The Magic" won by just one goal against The Sting in the 1st National Bank game for the year.
Did ya hear me yelling? I get pretty excited being an ex Netballer.
I've just been making Pizza for dinner to eat while we watch the rugby. 3 small ones each with different toppings. Comfort food !!

No comments: